Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Flight Attendants Wanted

I traveled with Air Asia, a regional discount carrier, on my recent trip to Thailand and back. Accommodations were somewhat Spartan and luggage requirements a bit strict, but the prices were pretty good. Lacking any on board entertainment for the two and a half hour flight, I had plenty of time to look over the safety procedures in the seat-back pouch in front of me. Behind it, proved to be an even more interesting find.

It turns out that the airline was soon to be holding walk-in interview for flight attendants in Bangkok. A little brochure listed what they were looking for as well as time and location. I found the qualifications to be interesting...

  • Female age between 20-30
  • Thai nationality only
  • University graduate. Fluent in both written and spoken English
  • Fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese would be an advantage
  • Minimum height (bare-feet) 160 cm
  • Healthy with excellent eyesight (spectacle must wear contact lens only)
  • Good appearance, poised, smart look and well groomed
  • Service minded; cheerful and passionate
I guess it was no accident that the flight attendants all seemed friendly and attractive...

I'm sure the EEOC would have a great time with that if they could expand their jurisdiction.

No comments: